Setup your DECADA for MANUCA
1. Creating your Model
Model is the summary of features of the devices that are connected to the DECADA Cloud, including attributes, measure points, services and events of the device.
Go to DECADA and login with your user credentials.
Open the left navigation panel, go to Model and click on New Model
- Fill in the fields to create your model
An example of how you can create your model is shown below:
2. Creating your Measurement Point(s)
Measure Points are entities expected to be received upstream from devices. Examples are
- Once your model has been created, go to Edit on the rightmost column for your model
- Go to Feature Definition tab (beside Basic Information)
- Click on Add
- Under Feature Type drop-down list, select Measurement Points
In this user guide, we will use the identifier ambient_temp of data type double.
An identifier is:
- A unique ID given to a measure point
- At least 4 characters in length with no space.
- The name of the measure point you send upstream to DECADA
- Uneditable once you have created the measure point.
3. Creating your Service(s)
Services are for sending commands downstream to your device.
Click on Add
Under Feature Type drop-down list, select Service and fill in name of the service.
In this user guide, we will use the identifier sensorpollrate.
Take note that the identifier has to be at least 4 characters in length and only alphanumeric characters are allowed.
Select Synchronous, as we will send an acknowledgement response upon receiving a command from DECADA Cloud.
Select New Parameter for Input Parameters. An input parameter is a specific command you want to send to your device (e.g. change sensor poll rate, wifi credentials)
In this user guide, we will use the identifier sensor_poll_rate for the input parameter, string as the data type and string length of 5 bytes.
In general, add 2 to your maximum character length as buffer (e.g. max character length for sensor poll rate to be set as 3 characters, so string length is 3+2=5)
Sending multiple parameters in a single instance downstream is also supported.
- Select New Parameter for Output Parameter. An output parameter is a specific response you want to receive from your device after your service request (e.g. sensor poll rate updated)
In this user guide, we will use the identifier success for the output parameter, string as the data type and string length of 6 bytes.
- Click OK when you are done creating your service(s).
4. Creating your Product
Product is the collection of the devices that are connected to the DECADA Cloud.
On the left navigation panel, go to Device Management > Product
Click on New Product
Fill in the Product Name. Select Device for Asset Type and the model you have created previously from the Model drop-down box.
Select Json for Data Type and enable the Certificate-based bi-directional authentication.
- Once your product is created, click on View on the rightmost column for your product.
Activate the Enable Dynamic Activation (outlined in red below). This allows devices to register themselves without you manually on-boarding each individual device on DECADA, provided that the devices have the appropriate credentials. (This will be elaborated further in the section Configuring your Device(s))
5. Creating your Application
Application gives devices access to DECADA APIs.
- On the left navigation panel, go to Application Registration.
- Click on Create App (outlined in red below) to create a new application
- Fill in the details to create your application
- Once your application has been created, you will see the
Success: App created message and your application will be displayed as shown below.
- You need to give authorization to the Application created. To do so, navigate on the side bar to Identity and Access Management --> Service Account. Click on the shield icon on the right, and attach
Device Management Administrator policy.
6. Configuring your Device(s)
Devices are objects that are connected to the DECADA Cloud, defined and managed by the Product and Model they are registered under.
You will need to note down a few credentials needed to configure your device.
- Organization Unit ID (OUID)
- Product Key
- Product Secret
- Access Key
- Access Secret
The following steps will elaborate on how to find these credentials:
- You can find your OUID by going to the left navigation panel > IAM > Organization Profile.
Your OUID is the id under Organization ID (see the screenshot below for reference).
Next, go to left navigation panel > Device Management > Product
Select View under the Operations column for your product (see Creating your Product), you will be able to get your:
- Product Key
- Product Secret
- Go to Application Registration and select your application (see Creating your Application), you should be able to get your:
- Access Key (named
- Access Secret (named
- Keep these credentials for a later step – Build and Flash Software: Input DECADA Credentials into Source Code.